"Projects" are work-related writing. In each case they are collaborations. Everything else is personal. None of it has a home yet, either. So yeah, I'm writing for the love of writing.
Anyway, here it is from January 18th with updates from today:
- Cold Distance re-write - progress to date tracked on the right side of the blog ->. Aiming for completion of this draft by mid-February, proofing for a week, then out to a couple of beta readers. Then I will decide for sure what I'm going to do with. I'm still very, very tempted to self-publish even though this is an all-new version that could probably make the rounds of agents. We'll see. UPDATE 4.8.15: Yeah, this is still going along but I didn't make my deadline. Or the second one. I may make the third if the end of April is kinda flexible.
- Working on outlines for two sequels that don't get codenames yet. UPDATE 4.8.15: These are at the same stage as before. Not fallow but not moving right now. Next up after Cold Distance is done.
- Project CONTEMPORARY - outline submitted, waiting for further instruction - mid-March deadline UPDATE 4.8.15: Delivered with time to spare and presented to good review. DONE.
- Project BLUE - late March deadline. UPDATE 4.8.15: Turned in. Waiting for judgment. DONE.
- Project DOC - late March deadline. UPDATE 4.8.15: Decided not to pursue this one in favor of BLUE. DEAD.
- Project CARTE begins early April with end of July deadline. UPDATE 4.8.15: Will be starting later this month. Still have late July deadline, though.
- LUNA has lain fallow for months. It won't take long but it needs to be done and submitted. UPDATE 4.8.15: No change but creeping up on my radar.
- SWITCH is in the same boat as LUNA. UPDATE 4.8.15: SEE LUNA
- Still waiting to hear about CELL. Will finish OUTGROWTH when CELL is a go. Won't take long. UPDATE 4.8.15: Still waiting. Haven't pushed and I could but there's no need right now. Patience, grasshopper.
- Still researching and developing DOGHOUSE and LOOT. UPDATE 4.8.15: Bits and pieces. Will keep at it.
- New thing JETPACK is yet to be announced. I have turned in an outline and work is in process. More to come. First of at least two collaborations.
- New thing MINER is in development. Nothing to see here yet but adding it to the list is a step toward believing it will actually happen. Stay tuned on this one. Second collaboration.