Monday, May 28, 2007

The INbetween

Finishing the plot for episode 6, which is the end of the first arc. Will begin typing episode 1 when the plotting is finished.

Came up with novel way to present the finished product to the public when it's ready to go as a collection. Planning the delivery and the process for readying the delivery.

These are things that occur to me, and while no one is reading here yet, I'm safe to post these things...

Friday, May 18, 2007

Beneath, Between and Behind

Another rehearsal last night, with massive edits for clarity and brevity. With a few hours of typing, I have the final draft of the recording script for Episode #000 done and can move on to beginning the process for the first episode of the first arc. It is two-thirds plotted and the last third is not a nebulous mass in my head, there are notes that need to be refined. I'm starting to feel more like a real writer as this process unfolds. I will share how I'm working this out once I've got the plotting finished and the first half written.

The first arc will be six episodes long and is called --- no, I won't say it out loud yet. We need to get through this test reel, that I'm calling Episode 000, first. It may never see the light of day, or it may be released as an extra later on. It depends on the quality of the recording and the depth of the acting. There are a LOT of firsts for me on this project. I've never 'directed' actors, and I've never completed a radio play for air. I have 90% of the public elements in place (site hosting and such) but still, it's an approach I haven't done before, so I know I'm likely to forget something, which is why we're doing the test reel before proceeding apace with the actual show.

I'm jazzed about last night's rehearsal. I think I've got something that will fly like an eagle.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Accents, dammit

I have found an incredibly useful archive of accents for my radio work. Posted here for reference.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Teaser

Here you'll get the updated, easier-than-ever-to-watch Teaser for Knight's Tour:



We had the first rehearsal of the test reel this past week, and the script ran about three minutes too long. Not a bad place to be in, and one that's fixed easily enough. Two of the ongoing cast are pretty solid, and I am very pleased how things played out.

Further, at Planet Comicon yesterday, I floated the idea of this project out to a bunch of people and was rewarded with enthusiasm and interest. I think the plan may likely be something that will fly, but no more on that until after we're done recording the test reel.

There'll be more about Planet Comicon over at my LJ later today or tomorrow. Meanwhile, this week, I'm trimming script, rehearsing again and moving forward. It's slow-going, but I'm seeing progress. More soon.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Title Update

Yeah, yeah, it WAS called something else, but now it's called Knight's Tour. I told you I struggle with titles.

Updated teaser trailer here.